While not personally encountered by any of of my Skyrim characters, the 1.5 patch should be fixing a bug to with the Sanguine Rose Staff. And looking at the patch list, maybe it will sort out one or two issues I’ve had in the past… or not, just like 1.4. At the same time, if the comments on that link are anything to go by and what I know of the bugs I’ve had the misfortune of encountering – there’s still a great deal more that needs fixing.
Having recently overcome the tyranny of the Iron Claw bug, I notice that it has yet to be fixed, along with issues surrounding Esbern’s potion and the Hired Muscle Companions’ quest. And that’s just to begin with.
The one bug it fixes that I didn’t realise was an issue was that Lydia can marry you once you buy the house in Whiterun. It was a bug not being able to propose to her. Yet that’s not of the game fudging nature of the ones that have truly peeved me off since Christmas last year.
The 1.5 Skyrim patch fixes are:
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
- In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
The patch will be adding some slightly interesting fight animations along with two visual improvements. None of which will help you get the Bard’s College side quest related perk – for instance.
It’s all good and well making a game look prettier, but it needs to be generally working in the first place.